Saturday 20 January 2018

S Range Austrian Generals NS 5s and Command stands


These are the rebased Generals and command elements for my new old Austrian Army mentioned in the previous post.

Because I only wanted infantry in helmets I moved on the battalions in shakos, acquired an additional fusilier battalion in helmets, and kept the other helmeted battalions, the grenadiers and jagers. All are German battalions (with white trousers) instead of the Hungarians (in blue). Any further additions will be painted as Hungarians. The army is extremely well provided with cavalry though mainly lights - one regiment of cuirassiers, then chevaulegers, hussars and lancers aplenty. I have also acquired in the last week or so another NS 5s Austrian General which is in the process of being painted up.

What I don't have is any S Range Austrian artillery so if anyone has any for which they have no further use I would be grateful to hear from you.

Over the Christmas holiday I took the whole army off their old card bases and put them onto 2mm mdf, painted Vallejo Intermediate Green, as for these figures. I am waiting for a day or two of decent weather to plastidip spray the bases. I also have some rather nice Adolfo Ramos flags for these (for use with S Range get the 20mm ones rather than the 25mm as they are a bit too big).

When I have got the bases sprayed I will try to take some unit and army photos.

I am also working on standard bearers for my S Range French in Egypt, again using the Adolfo Ramos versions of the striking flags carried by the demi brigades in this conflict.

1 comment:

Bob The Old Painter said...

I do like the S range Austrians and look forward to seeing your painted units. Austrian gunners are very hard to find. I also believe that no command figures were produced for the cavalry?