Friday 6 December 2019

S Range horse and other animals listings




I've taken a first run at these with those horses I have easily to hand.

It has thrown up some mysteries and some undocumented items.

Mystery code #1 - DH1

Apart from being the postcode for the posh part of Durham, I haven't come across this code before (impressed on the top of the base).

It is in use with a SYW Horse Grenadier and clearly has a docked tail. Whether this was done by the original owner or is a feature of the horse model is not clear. It definitely is a Miniature Figurines and S Range horse.

i have taken these photos on my phone as the battery in my camera is playing up but based on the results I think the camera in the phone may be just as good.

2 comments:

Rick Priestley said...

It would be great to have a visual record of some of these as sometimes the early S range horses can be hard to identify. A lot of S Ancient riders seem to end up on the generic 'Light Cavalry Horse'. I have a few - very happy to share pics if they fill gaps.

Vintage Wargaming said...

Thanks Rick

If you would like to wait a few days I'll try yo find time to do a photo session and then you will be able to see the aps. As I said, these are most likely to be Ancients as they are not my main interest